Up Next

Upcoming Races:

No races currently scheduled

Wednesday, March 21, 2012


In case you can't tell from the lack of posts, it's tech week.

With the 40 hours I spend at work, the 7 I spend running and the 26 that I'll end up spending at the theatre, I don't have much time for other endeavors like writing. It's to be expected, of course, but I'm glad to have a chance to catch up a bit.

Much like one is not supposed to worry about missed miles for fear of injury, I won't worry about writing a post for each missed day. I think one summary story should do just fine.

Sunday was a lovely recovery run after Saturday's extended adventure. I met up with my running partner, and we pushed through our three miles. Mostly, I was just psyched to be up on time the morning after a marathon party.

Monday brought its own challenges, having spent 9 hours working on tech issues for the show the previous day. Fortunately, I was still able to get out the door for five quick miles. It was to be my last speedy run of any distance before Sunday's race, so I let myself push the pace ever so slightly. My only real issue was that I made a conscious decision regarding my direction based on the wind, which I immediately forgot about.

That takes us to Tuesday, when I started feeling the weight of the week. I didn't want to cut mileage too early, so I still did my nine. I tried to keep an easy pace, but I felt a little too good. As it turned out, I had one more quick distance run in me. What was good about this was that I felt fine the whole way, giving me just a little more confidence heading into the weekend.

The downside of the day was that we ended up staying at the theatre until midnight, which made for a short night. Couple that with the storm that kept me up the night before, and it made for an unpleasant morning. On top of all of this, I feel the beginnings of a cold coming on. So, extra vitamin C, a bit of extra rest, a giant energy drink, and I'm ready for the day.

Today was great, despite the contributing factors. I'm powering through my issues, and found time for a very easy three miles. The weather was perfect, and though I was a little fast, I never got winded. Now it's just a matter of staying hydrated and focused for a few more hours. Tomorrow, we'll open the show and I'll do some light speed work.

And Saturday, I foresee a lot of napping.

No comments:

Post a Comment